Before you send your rented iPhone or iPad back to Grover, you must remove all personal data and the activation lock. Otherwise, we can’t access the device and will have to charge you.
This is how to do it:
1. If you paired your iPhone with an Apple Watch, unpair the Apple Watch first.
2. Back up your device if you have important data stored on it.
3. Sign out of iCloud and “iTunes & App Store”:
- If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
4. Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My, you might need to enter your Apple ID and password.
5. If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then tap Erase [device].
6. In order to remove your old device from your list of trusted devices, open iCloud.com, and:
- Go to Settings > [tap on your name].
- Select a device from the list.
- Tap the X next to your device to remove it from the list.
If you’ve removed your iPhone or iPad correctly, Find My [device] and Activation Lock should be turned off.