Before you send your rented Apple Watch back to Grover, you must unpair it from your iPhone, remove all personal data, and remove the activation lock. Otherwise, we can’t access the device and will have to charge you.
This is how to do it:
1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
3. Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
4. Tap the info button next to the watch you want to unpair.
5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
6. For GPS + Cellular models, remove your mobile data plan. Remember to cancel your plan if you’re no longer using it.
7. Tap again to confirm. You may need to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch. After your Apple Watch unpairs, you'll see the Start Pairing message.